What is a barcode scanner
- 18 Apr, 2021
Barcode scanner is a special device that sends an electronic signal suitable to a computer or cash register by means of light reflected from barcodes. We all associate these devices used in stores or libraries. The most important thing in the barcode scanner is the laser diode emitting a laser beam with which the barcodes are read. It is worth mentioning that the laser beam from scanners can be dangerous to your health - you should take all precautions and never point the laser light at your eyes.
Types of barcode scanners:
- Stationary Scanners - connected to a computer with a cable
- Wireless scanners - with bluetooth connectivity
- Industrial scanners - scanners that are used in harsh industrial conditions, often with a special protective housing, resistant to damage and falls
Barcode scanners can also be divided according to the code reading technique:
- CCD diode readers - the light beam is produced by the LED diode
- 2D Area Imagers vision scanners - 2D images capture the image field and then decode the result.
- Laser barcode scanners - Emits a laser beam that reflects the barcode for processing
Where are barcode scanners used?
- in shops
- in security systems
- in libraries
- logistic applications
- domestic applications
Barcode Scanner by Printing Pleasure
In our offer you will find a reliable, wireless barcode scanner with an extremely solid construction. You can find more details here.